Covid -19 pandemic? Get high speed internet at home via Netgear Extender Setup.
As you know, covid-19 or corona virus is spreading all over the globe. Millions of people lost their lives, so save yourself by staying at home. Most people lost their work and jobs too, and some are trying to keep theirs by working from home. Looking at the situation, we understand how important it is to have high-speed internet at your home. That is why we advise you to perform a Netgear extender setup on your own.
Most of the users face problems while setting up the mywifiext.net portal. However, Netgear extender setup is an easy task to perform. In this blog, we will tell you about the complete process by which you can set up your Netgear extender without any outside help.
There are two ways to access Netgear extender setup, and those are:
- WiFi protected setup method (WPS)
- Manual setup method
Access Netgear extender setup via wifi protected setup method (WPS)
Follow the below-mentioned information without skipping any step.
- First, unbox your extender device carefully.
- Now take your Netgear extender in the same room as your existing wifi.
- Plug your extender device into the nearest electricity socket.
- Turn your Netgear extender on by pressing the action button.
- Once done, let your extender’s LED lights get stable.
- Once the LED indicators turn solid green, look for the WPS button on your extender.
- The WPS button is usually found at the bottom of your extender device. Press and hold it for a couple of seconds and then release it.
- Now repeat the same process with your router, press and hold the WPS button of your router for a couple of seconds and then release it.
- LED indicators will indicate the successful WPS connection.
- Once done, change the location of your extender device to your desired location.
- We advise you to place your extender at the place where it can get proper signals from your router device.
- Once you have found the perfect location, take your smart devices and connect them with the new Netgear extender network.
- You are all set.
Access Netgear extender setup via manual method
Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the mywifiext.net setup portal. Please don’t skip any action to avoid error popups.
- Plug your extender in the same room as your existing router and turn it on.
- Let your extender get stable. So, please have patience.
- Now take an Ethernet wire and connect your extender and router device via LAN port.
- Once done, operate your personal computer and launch a web browser.
- Make sure to use an updated web browser to avoid any error popups.
- Now click on the address bar and type www.mywifiext.net, and hit the enter key.
- You will get automatically redirected to the web setup portal. If not, try using the IP address that is 192.168.1.250.
- When you get on a Netgear extender setup portal, click on the new Netgear extender setup icon.
- Now sign up for the new admin account by entering the requested information on your screen.
- Click on the sign-up icon.
- Further, you will be prompted to ask a few security questions, answer them correctly.
- Now follow further on-screen instructions carefully.
- Further, click on the available network list and look for your new Netgear extender network.
- Click on your Netgear extender network to get connected.
- Follow further instructions carefully.
- Once done, apply the settings you made.
- You have successfully connected your extender to your router device.
- Now change the location of your Netgear extender and connect your smart devices.
- Surf the internet without any buffering issues.